At The Cross Radiology, we bulk bill most examinations. This means we bill Medicare directly, and are assigned your benefit.
If you do not hold a Medicare card, our private rates apply to the examinations you undergo in our practice.
There are some examinations and procedures that are not bulk billed. These include:
- Obstetric Ultrasound: Nuchal Translucency
- 12-16 week well being/early morphology
- Obstetric Ultrasound: 2nd Trimester Morphology
- Obstetric Ultrasound: 3rd Trimester Growth
- Ultrasound-guided injection/aspirations (pensioners/HCC holders are bulk billed)
- Breast Core Biopsy
- Breast Vacuum-Assisted Biopsy
We may also charge for particular examinations not on the above list, if special requests are made by your doctor. Please check with us when making your appointment.
If you hold a Medicare card, a rebate will be applicable for most examinations with gap charges.
We accept most forms of payment including cash, EFTPOS and Credit Card (VISA, Mastercard & American Express all incur a 1.5% surcharge. Overseas credit cards incur a 2.4% surcharge).
Work Cover/Third Party
If you require a scan or procedure that is under work cover or third party, please inform us when making your appointment. We may have to contact your insurance company or employer.
We bill your insurance company/employer directly only if you provide us with:
- Doctor's request form
- Claim number
- Written approval to cover costs of requested scan/procedure from your insurance company/employer
If you do not have the written approval, you must pay for the service yourself, and request reimbursement from your insurance company/employer once approved.
For more information on our bulk billing policy or private fees, please call us on 9586 0833.